Highway Information and Services
provides commuters with a number of efficient and accessible
services to make their travel safe and comfortable:
- Excellent signage and good illumination to increase safety
- Variable Message Signage (VMS): During the winter season in Delhi/Haryana, fog reduces visibility.
This is handled through a VMS which forewarns and guides commuters.
- First-aid service, in the event of mishaps, and immediate and free transport to
the nearest hospital; efficient management of accident spots
- Inaccessibility of two-wheeler, three-wheeler and slow-moving tractors on the elevated
highway to ensure pace and convenience of traffic.
- Non-stop driving experience at the TAG lanes through Electronic Toll Collection
- Cash-free ‘Smart Cards’ for speedy transactions in the toll lanes
- 20 Lanes at the Faridabad toll plaza to minimise stoppage time
- Traffic Aid Post/ Vehicle Rescue:
- Patrolling vehicles to enforce security and safety, including incident
- Safety measures include temporary barricading, diversion signs and safety
- Availability of adequate machinery including a twenty-tonne capacity
crane to manage accident debris and blockages.
- Medical Aid Post
- Round-the-clock (24x7) availability of assistance vehicles, including
- Medical assistance for trauma cases including oxygen cylinder and defibrillators
- First aid treatment
- Firefighting System
- Liaison with the local agencies for functioning of the fire-brigade